Are you wondering what an emulator is? Or are you looking for the best emulator for pubg? Well, lucky for you we are going to answer both of these questions, as well as much more on this subject, in this article. If you know what an emulator is, skip the introduction and jump on to our list down below.
First of all, let’s define what an emulator is. Let’s say you want to run certain software that is designed for a specific operating system on another operating system for which it is not designed for. For example, you want to run a game made for Microsoft on your MacBook. You’ll need an emulator to make that possible. Easy, right?
However, the term emulator nowadays is mostly restricted to the context of gaming because games are made by developers for a specific device such as gaming consoles like Nintendo and PlayStation. To run these games on other devices like PCs we need video game emulators. To run a game that was made for the PC, iPhone or a gaming console on an android device you need an android emulator.
Currently, Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) games like PUBG are on the rise and played by millions around the world. However, the game is compatible with platforms like Xbox One, Android, iOS and Windows. If you wish to use it on your Mac PC or other consoles, you will need an emulator to run it for you.
With so many emulators in the different application stores, it’s hard to find which one will be the best one for you. Don’t worry! we are going to give you our list of best emulators for pubg and help you decide which one of them should you choose.
Best Emulator For PUBG Mobile
1. Tencent Gaming Buddy/ Gameloop
Tencent is the parent company of the game PUBG. It launched its emulator known as the Gaming Buddy, which became the most popular and the best pubg emulator for pc. The main reason behind launching their own emulator was to allow players to have better control of the game. It was difficult to have better control on a mobile screen and compete with PC players, who had better control. Although the game was already available in PC, it was a paid version, which became an obstacle for most players.
Another reason for doing so was the fear of third parties taking over. Third parties were starting to fill the gap created by the lack of a free-PC version by developing their own PUBG emulators for PC. However, Tencent’s bold move at the right time paid off. Now around 35 million players are using Gaming Buddy, while the total number of PUBG players is around 40 million.
- Unlike other emulators, gaming buddy is primarily made for PUBG, therefore it’s the most optimized emulator you can find for this game.
- It brings you the updated version of the game before anyone else. All you need to do to get the updated version is launch the app and it will ask you to give permission.
- One of the biggest advantages of this emulator is that it allows you to play the game on low-end PCs as well as phones, where the official PUBG version fails to work.
- Easy and customizable control overlay. Controls are also context-sensitive, meaning that they will change if you move your player from running to driving or vice versa.
- It gives you the option to set up a boss key that will hide the window on pressing it.
- It also allows you to lock or unlock the cursor if you want to touch the screen without being affected.
- The mouse dpi and sensitivity can be adjusted to your comfort.
- Gaming buddy is not only limited to PCs, but you can also use it to play the game on a laptop.
- Since its official, there is no scam or malicious activity involved.
Although Tencent has recommended some specific requirements if you can lower the resolution a little bit, the game can run on lower requirements as well.
- A Core-i3 or AMD at 2.6 GHz processor is recommended but you can use it on a Dual-core from Intel or AMD at 1.8 GHz.
- Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 will work fine. However, you can and should use NVIDIA GeForce 8600/9600GT or ATI/AMD Radeon HD2600/3600.
- 3 GB RAM is enough
- You can run it on operating systems such as Windows 10, 8.1, 8 and 7
- DirectX Version 9.0c is sufficient
- Free storage of 1GB is enough
How to install?
Fortunately, installing gaming Buddy is very easy.
All you have to do is go on Tencent Gaming Buddy’s official website and there you’ll find a download Tencent Gaming Buddy button. Downloading will begin as you click that button and it will complete in a couple of minutes.
Once that is done, a window will pop up. Choose PUBG from the games tab, which will begin the installation process.
Although account creation is not necessary for installing or playing the game if you want to play with your friends online, you’ll have to create an account.
Once the installation is complete, you’re all set to play the game.
2. Bluestack 4
Bluestack is another very common emulator known for many different games, one million games according to their own website. However, Bluestack is not limited to games, it has numerous applications on its platform. It provides the right mixture of power, graphics, and processing making it suitable for most users. No doubt it is one of the best emulators for PUBG mobile.
The Bluestack 4 is the latest version, which is eight times faster than the previous and has other significant improvements. It runs smoothly even on high-end games such as breakneck and asphalt 9. Therefore, for PUBG players there is nothing to worry about as it will run smoothly. The advantage Bluestack has over Gaming Buddy is that Bluestack supports numerous games and applications whereas Gaming Buddy is only limited to a few games, mainly PUBG.
Bluestack 4 comes in an add-free version which is paid.
- Access to millions of games and other applications
- Since it’s not officially for PUBG, PC players can join mobile players without them knowing. PC players using the mobile version will have better control than the players playing through their mobile phones.
- Excellent performance
- Nice and easy to use interface
- Customizable keymapping
- All their games and apps are for free
- It can run quite well on all operating systems since Microsoft Windows 7
- An Intel or AMD processor is enough
- 2GB of RAM at least. (Do not mistake this for disk space)
- Although Disk space depends on the game, you’re downloading but having 5GB is normal
- Graphics card also depends on the very game you’re downloading
How to install
- To install, first go to bluestacks.com, click the “download Bluestack 4” button and wait for the downloading to finish.
- Once finished, start the installation process and then wait for it to finish.
- There onwards, open the application and log in using your Google account.
- Go to “google play store” and download “PUBG”
3. Remix OS Player
Remix OS is another android emulator for PCs made by Jide software company. It is free of cost, lightweight and therefore, removing significant barriers to most users who want to play android games on their PCs. It runs smoothly on low-end PCs. It has a lot of good features that we will list down briefly.
One of the main benefits of using Remix OS is that you can carry it in a USB drive along with your personal files and settings, just like a Linux live system. You can then move this data to another PC and retrieve everything as you had left it in the previous computer.
It has been derived from the open-source project called the Android-x86 that enabled regular PCs to run android apps.
- Highly tailored for gaming
- Minimalist interface
- Can run multiple games at the same time
- Smooth gaming experience
- Runs on low-end PCs
- OS: Windows 7 (32bit onwards)
- Processor: AMD or Intel
- Ram: 2 GB at least
- Cost: free
How to install
You can download this emulator from several websites. Once you do it, using it look for the google app store and login to your Gmail account. Then download the PUBG mobile version and enjoy your game.
4. Nvidia GeForce Now
GeForce is another medium to play PUBG, especially for Mac users since PUBG is not yet available for iOS devices. GeForce, not an emulator it’s a cloud-based service that gives access to numerous games such as Fortnite and PUBG. Therefore, it’s not free and you’ll have to pay $30 when you’re accessing it for the first time.
The best thing about using GeForce to play games is that GeForce itself acts as the servile while the computer is only used as a monitor. This takes away the high-end tasks such as processing and graphics from the hardware of the computer and on to the servers. Thus, releasing a huge burden of meeting the hardware requirements and allowing low-end PCs to play better games.
Although we have personally experienced many stuttering and lags using GeForce Now. However, if you have an advanced computer and internet connection then you don’t have much to worry about.
- One of the few options for iOs users
- Takes the load off of the computer
- No need for downloading game setups
- Access to several games
How to install
- Go to Nvidia’s official website and search for GeForce Now.
- Download GeForce Now option will appear, choose the version matching your system and download it
- When you open the app, you will see a list of games, choose PUBG but you will have to pay $30 for the game from your Steam Account.
- It will take a couple of minutes and get you into the gaming window, where you are all set to play for the next four hours.
5. Nox Player
Nox player is one of the best emulators for PUBG, and its latest version the Nox player 6 will allow you to play games very smoothly without any lags. It can work quite well with high FPS, a greater number of CPUs or whatever space of RAM you want to dedicate to the game. It features the latest android version called Nougat.
You can either download the APK files directly or you can access the google play store from your PC to download your desired game. It can run on windows and iOS both. It allows players to take screenshots and record gameplay. It also allows more than one game to run at the same time.
Although it doesn’t provide any streaming option if you load Twitch APK in the Nox player, you are free to stream your games.
- Smooth gameplay
- Free of cost
- Adjustable RAM, FPS, and CPUs
- The latest version of android
- Allows screenshots and screen recording
- Multiple apps and games at one time
- Indirect streaming using twitch
How to install
Download Nox Player 6 from their official website. It won’t take more than a few clicks and minutes. Once the installation is complete, a window will open. Access using your google account and download PUBG on the emulator. Have fun
6. LD Player
LD player is also one of the best PUBG emulators for pc but it is often ignored because its quite the latest. However, it provides excellent graphics and amazing gaming experience for windows as well as mac users. Just like the Nox Player 6, it allows taking screenshots, recording gameplay and running multiple games on the same PC at once.
It provides greater control and much better sensitivity for keyboard and mouse players. If you feel your Emulator is letting you down, then give this one a try. If you still face some problems with them, their online customer representatives are there to help you out.
Although there are no specific requirements mentioned for this emulator but the more the better.
However, the minimum you should have is:
- Intel or AMD Processor x86
- Windows 7, 8 or 10
- At least 2GB of RAM
- At least 4GB of free storage
- Smooth and excellent gaming experience
- Run multiple games at a time.
- Online customer support
- Allows taking screenshots and recording of the gameplay
- Runs some of the heaviest games on mid-spec devices
- Free of cost
How to install
- Download the APK or XAPK file. (you can find this easily on the internet)
- Once complete a download manager will open. It will ask for permission to continue the installation. Make sure you only check the apps and files you need and uncheck the ones you don’t.
- Then click install and wait for it to finish
- Once its finish, the LD player window will open up and you’ll notice the transformation of your OS into an android system.
- Go to the app store, download PUBG or any other game you want and play.
7. MEmu Player
Memu is also quite a good android emulator for playing PUBG on a PC. It demands somewhat medium or better requirements, but it displays much better gameplay and control than the rest of the emulators. It also provides features like recording gameplay, taking screenshots and virtualization of your PC.
Other features such as allowing multiple apps to run together on the same computer and enabling the installation of APK files from the play store, making it a considerable option for PUBG gaming. Also, you can have streaming on memu by joining Discord.
- Better controls and overall gaming experience
- Option to record gameplay and take screenshots
- Allows multiple games to run at once
- Allows installation of APK files
- Free access to play store
- Provides streaming using Discord
- Can work on low-end PCs
- At least Windows 7, 8, 10
- 3 GB or Above RAM
- Intel or AMD processor
- No charges
How to install
- Download the Memu player and install the player.
- Open the Memu – Multiple Instance Manager and create your account
- Open the play store and download PUBG
- Adjust the control and resolution settings to your liking
- Enjoy playing
8. Andy | Windows, and Mac
This one is a bit unique kind of Emulator because its interface and use are more like that of a PC than an android device. It can be used for PC and Mac both. The best thing about Andy is that it allows transferring apps from your mobile to the emulator very easily and even allows syncing. Thereby saving your progress and files.
It provides an amazing gaming experience by allowing you to use your phone as a joystick while using your PC’s screen to witness your gameplay. It also allows you to access social media mobile apps on your PC like WhatsApp and Snapchat.
- Mobile joystick support gives the ultimate gaming experience
- Syncing data between PC and smartphones
- Easy transferring of files and data
- Runs numerous android apps on Windows and mac
- Easy user interface
- Simple installation
- Can run on Windows 7 and above
- Dual-core AMD or Intel processor
- At least 3GB of RAM
- No charges
How to install
- Go to Andyroid.com and download Andy android emulator
- Once it’s done, install and log in using your Google account
- Go to the google play store and download PUBG
9. KO Player
This is also a very good option for those who want to play PUBG mobile or other games on their PC, free of cost and without lagging or stuttering. It has proven quite smooth on mid-range computers. It gives access to numerous other apps. It’s quite easy to use and even has some additional controls that can prove very handy for gamers in some instances.
- Easy to use
- Glitch free gaming experience
- Optimized for gaming
- Better control and navigation
- No charges
- Dual-core Intel or AMD
- Windows 7 and above
- 2GB of RAM at least
- 5GB of free storage at least
How to install
The installation is very simple and quick. As soon as its over, the KO player window will open up and you’ll see how easy to use it is. You can start downloading apps right away, but you’ll have to log in using your google id. Another way to install games on the KO Player is by dragging and dropping apk files to the player.
10. Apowersoft Android Recorder
This is also a good option for PUBG players as they can stream PUBG or any other game on their laptop or desktop screen and have the ultimate gaming experience. It will run smoothly without any lags. Furthermore, it allows players to record their gaming experience and take screenshots. It’s quite easy to use.
- Easy to use
- Runs smoothly
- Allows audio and video recording
How to install
- Go to apowersoft.com and click the “download now button”
- Once complete start the installation process
- Then log in to google app store using your google id
- Then slide down your phone screen to open notification tab and select “cast” button
- A window will open showing your PC administrator name on it, click on it and wait
- After a few seconds, you’ll see your Android screen will be streaming on your PC.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are Android emulators safe?
Yes, the ones we’ve mentioned in our article are 100% safe.
2. Which is the best emulator for PUBG mobile?
Tencent’s Gaming Buddy is currently the best emulator for pubg mobile according to our experience, but others are also worth a try.
3. Is PUBG emulator legal?
Yes, it’s legal. The developers of the game Tencent themselves have introduced an emulator so there is nothing to worry about its legality.
4. Which emulator is best for PUBG Mobile for low-end PC?
We’ve found some of the emulators to work quite well for low-end PCs but one such emulator cannot work for all low-end PCs. You’ll have to try and see what works for you.
5. Is MEmu emulator good for PUBG?
Memu is one of the best pubg emulators for pc.
Now that we’ve given you our list of top 10 best emulators for PUBG Mobile, we expect some feedback from you regarding your experience. Keep in mind it’s all about trial and error. For some, Gaming Buddy will be enough whereas others might settle on Andy or Memu. It all depends on your computer specifications and sometimes a bit of luck. If one isn’t working for you just move on to the next one and it might solve your problem. This is where our list will come handy for you.