The Android world has seen a positive change in the past decade. What was known to be an entertainment source for gaming enthusiasts has now become a household necessity. There were times when the best Android TV box in India was associated with nerds and others simply saw it as an unwanted economic burden.
But now, people are in search of the cheapest Android TV box in India. Thanks to the brilliant features, no one wants to settle for a normal TV while the 4k android TV box stands tall on the podium.
The android operating system has extended its wings and introduced the Android TV that allows you to enjoy your entertainment content any time you want.
Your movies and web series will play at the snap of your fingers and all you need is a stable internet connection.
Shaped like a mini media player or set-top box, it will make casting easier and fun. Watching YouTube videos, streaming live sports, playing the news, watching movies on Netflix and Amazon prime, viewing apps, and phone content – all of these are possible.
10 Best Android TV Box In India
If you do not have the right guidance, you will keep searching for the best Android TV box till your hair goes grey! Newer devices enter the market daily and finding the one that keeps their promises is difficult. No worries! Here’s a list of Android TV Boxes that are the best among the rest.
1. Fire TV Stick 4K with All-New Alexa Voice Remote
This brilliant masterpiece is a lifesaver for anyone who likes to get a realistic streaming experience. With its clear Dolby vision and right contrast of colors, the picture is soothing and vivid to the eye.
The 4k Ultra HD clarity allows streaming up to 60 fps and you will feel like you are witnessing those virtual scenes right before you. The world of exceptional sound unfolds with the Dolby Atmos that boosts the bass perfectly when you connect it to a proper home theater system.
The remote comes with inbuilt Alexa that follows your every command and makes streaming stress-free. It does more than simply playing your video content.
You can view your apps and navigate through many undiscovered corners of your phone while everything displays on your big screen. The connectivity is made easy with Bluetooth 5.0 and it has 8GB internal memory.
- It has Dolby Vision, 720p and 1080p Ultra HD streaming up to 60fps.
- It supports HDR, HDR10, HLG, HDR10+ content formats
- The Dolby Atmos sound makes the viewing experience even more interesting.
- Once you’ve plugged the Fire TV Stick into your TV, you can navigate through apps like Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime, Zee5, Voot, Music apps, comedy apps among others.
- It has Bluetooth 5.0 for easy connectivity
- Alexa controlled functioning – Follows commands instantly
- It has Quad-Core 1.7 GHz processor
- It has 8GB internal storage memory
- Easy to connect and set up
- Hassle-free and easy to navigate through your apps.
- The vast collection of apps and Alexa follows commands quickly
- The Dolby Atmos sound is breathtaking.
- High-quality Ultra HD streaming
- Very much affordable
- You should have an amazon account for it to work.
- It is not compatible with basic models of TV, requires compatible Ultra HD TV
- Dolby Atmos is compatible only on specific Prime Video Content
- Accidental insertion into the wrong port can cause device malfunction.
- It has blind spots on content search.
2. MarQ by Flipkart Turbostream Media Streaming Device with Built-in Chromecast
MarQ introduces its first spectacle in the Android TV business. This turbo stream is a lightweight solution to all your streaming problems making it one of the best android tv box in India. It can support almost 10,000+ apps and gives you a better content viewing experience.
Thanks to Dolby Atmos, you have that realistic sound surrounding you. The in-built Chromecast makes it very easy to cast content on to your TV and watch it until you are too tired to continue.
It runs with the support of the newest Android 9.0 version and the Google assistant will fulfill all your desires. You just have to call that sweet-voiced lady and she will deliver the best to you. Moreover, the Dual Band WiFi connectivity will ensure that there is no buffering and your video content flows smoothly while you relax on your couch.
- It has an IR emitter to control the volume.
- It also comes with a good Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity option.
- It allows full HD streaming experience up to 60 fps.
- It has a quad-core ARM-based processor.
- It functions on the basis of Android 9.0
- The Chromecast allows quick casting of phone content to TV
- It comes with Dolby Audio
- It has 1GB RAM and also 8GB internal storage memory
- Quickly transforms your non-smart TV into a Smart one
- The home screen shows your favorite apps on top based on your usage and preferences.
- Bluetooth 4.0 to directly connect to audio accessories like headphones and earphones
- It allows access to the Google Play Store to download more apps
- Full HD streaming is supported
- Remote quickly detects commands and is great to control volume.
- You cannot stream Amazon Prime using this.
- 1GB RAM may not support Ultra HD and few high definition videos.
- Sometimes small issues with volume adjustment when HDMI-CEC is activated.
- Simultaneous loading of apps slows and buffers the streaming videos.
3. Airtel Xstream Smart Stick Media Streaming Device with built-in Chromecast
It is ironic that though it is given the name – Stream stick, it is nowhere close to looking like a stick. It has a round body with two connecting units where one connects to the HDMI port while the other connects to a power source.
Its functions are mainly because of the Android Oreo and it can stream almost 5000+ apps. Though it mostly streams the Xstream content that is native to Airtel, it can also play stuff from Netflix, Prime, and other apps.
Though it lacks good pre-installed apps, it will allow you to download and use them from the Google Play Store. The Full HD playback is made even better with association with Dolby Audio that makes the viewing experience realistic.
- Has a fixed short HDMI cable.
- Two-button layout is convenient and helps you give in commands easily
- Google assistant option for quick voice commands.
- Powered by Android tv Oreo, and has built-in Chromecast functionality
- Fetches video and music content from various OTT streaming platforms.
- It allows Full HD playback of video content
- Video quality is decent.
- Remote and software are responsive and quick
- Par in performance to that of the amazon fire tv stick.
- Bluetooth remote is not having many features
- XStream Stick isn’t HDMI CEC enabled.
- Missed a mute button on remote
- Non-Dolby audio has disturbances in between
- If you have a 4K television, XStream Stick’s full-HD limit will not give a proper picture.
4. PHANTIO TX6 Android 9.0 Smart TV Box
You can do your happy dance if you manage to get your hands on this perfect Android TV device. It has the best processor speed of 1.5GHz and the internal storage of 64GB is quite enough to support streaming without interruption.
You can leave your buffering worries behind because the 4GB RAM will make sure that your Ultra HD and 4K content is played at the highest quality.
Moreover, it also plays 3D content! The remote has a good quality and also detects sounds to allow quick change of settings with command.
The Android 9.0 operating system organizes its functions properly to prevent any possible mishaps. Though the size of the box is big, the benefits overweigh that discomfort.
The built-in HDR & HDMI 2.0 will make sure that your picture is clear and detailed. The sound produced is crystal clear and the bass has a nice boost. You can stream several apps related to music, games, movies, video content and 3D format films and shows.
- Provides a larger capacity 64 bit CPU support that runs reliable operations.
- Updated Android 9.0 OS, provides improved performance.
- It has 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM
- Also allows 3D streaming
- You can also add an Extra Hard Drive or TF Card to expand storage.
- Works pretty efficiently without any buffering or delays.
- The expandable memory of 64GB helps prevent crashes caused by the lack of internal space.
- Lucid visual effect.
- Good 3D streaming of content
- Easy and hassle-free user interface
- Multiple USB Ports that allow quick pin-in.
- Affordable price
- Need a manual update
- No Bluetooth connectivity.
5. Cubetek 4K Portable Smart TV Box
This is a device that will leave you in awe because of its great connectivity options. What seems like a simple and small box has so much to offer.
It is powered by the Rockchip RK3229 hardware and the 2GB RAM and 16GB ROM provide lucid viewing experience.
There is Bluetooth connectivity to include a wireless mouse for controlling. It enables you to watch high definition 4K video content along with Full HD streaming at 60fps.
You can connect the internet through WiFi or Ethernet as well. The USB ports allow you to pin-in sources up to a limit of 3Tb which is quite commendable.
The Android 6.0 operating system makes sure that the functions are organized and you don’t have to worry about constant buffering and frequent shutdown.
On the whole, the compact piece of perfection will keep you entertained even if you lack Ultra 4K monitors at home.
- Can handle almost all of the audio & video formats
- It has a 2GB RAM and 16GB ROM
- It runs on Android 6.0 operating system
- It is compatible with CRT TV, LCD TV, LED TV, Projectors, 3D TV
- It has a maximum display resolution of 2160p and can play Full HD content at 60fps
- There are two USB ports that allow up to 3TB pin-ins.
- Powered by a Rockchip RK3229 chipset
- Supports most media files without any buffering.
- You can download more apps with the 16GB ROM.
- Connect to any TV, old, CRTV, LCD LED.
- The USB ports allow up to 3TB input
- The cheapest device that is available to handle 4K video without an issue.
- The device lags a lot when you screencast from your phone.
- The remote control does not have soft-touch switches.
6. Think Infotech™ HK1 Mini Android 9.0
Just like the company’s name, you will THINK a lot about this device and ultimately buy it too. Because of its tremendous features that are very helpful to people who want to convert normal TV to a smart one, this device is bought by many.
The Android 9.0 pie version monitors the functions of the compact device. It is run by a powerful Rockchip RK3229 Quad-Core Processor with 2 GHz processing speed.
It has a 2GB RAM that supports uninterrupted services. The internal storage of 16GB prevents any lagging and buffering because of a lack of space.
It can easily connect to WiFi with 2.4G speed or above to enable quick loading and displays crystal clear images. IT comes at an affordable price and allows you to view many apps including Hotstar, Voot, YouTube, Amazon Prime, Netflix, and others.
- Connected tv with HDMI and AV cables.
- It has Type-C USB ports for connectivity
- Runs with Rockchip RK3229 Quad-Core Processor
- Over 3,000 channels are available to watch on downloading
- 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage
- Monitored by Android 9.0 OPerating system
- Easy to install programs from the Play store.
- The remote provided can do all the functions.
- Can access Hotstar, Prime, Netflix, Voot among others
- Internal storage prevents lagging
- Type C ports to connect USB
- High display resolution
- Installing unsupported apps can alter the performance and hang the functions.
- Box heats up too much.
7. SOUDAMINI H96 Max 3318 TV Box Android 9.0
The first thing you will notice about this box is the design that beautifully adorns it. Similar to the northern lights, the stripes of purple and blue will create the aura of the galaxy on a black background.
When you place it near your TV, you are sure to attract some mesmerizing looks. The ports are to the side and invisible to us from the front. It also has a good thickness that will keep it safe on accidental dropping or falls.
- It has an Android 9.0 operating system
- Comes with HD cable, power adapter and User Manual
- It has a 2GB RAM
- Has its own CPU and motherboard.
- It has Bluetooth V4.0
- It allows downloading apps from the Google Play Store
- Supports AV, HD connectivity, has 2 USB slots and one TF card slot
- A normal LCD tv connection will be through HDMI Cable.
- Powered by the latest Android 9.0 OS, making it more efficient
- User-friendly operation options and functions give better experience.
- Could download apps and play movies
- Supports HDR full formats
- It has limited RAM – Not suitable for gaming
8. MXQ Pro MINI Smart Amlogic S905W Android 7.1 TV Box
I would say this is the right option to choose if you are planning on ditching your normal set-top box connection. Though its external design is mediocre and doesn’t have anything eye-catchy.
The device has many important features that can make the streaming experience worthwhile.
It is incredibly fast in converting your ordinary TV into a smart one and you don’t have to wait for your TV shows anymore. With one click, the world of entertainment will land on your doorstep.
- Comes with an AC adapter that is compatible with other devices as well
- Runs on a quad-core processor with 2GHz processing speed
- The Penta core Mali-450 GPU is fast and plays 4K video.
- It has a 1GB RAM
- Comes with HDMI, AV Slots and only one USB port
- Supports Ethernet and WiFi
- 8GB Internal storage
- No buffering when streaming content at high resolution.
- Runs Kodi
- Image quality is spectacular
- Streams diverse apps
- A very economic option
- Not suitable for gaming (1GB RAM)
- No Bluetooth
Things To Consider While Buying The Best Android TV Box in India
When the world is running behind the benefits of Android TV, it becomes really challenging to choose the right Android TV box for your home. You have to look into several aspects that collectively determine the quality, durability, and efficiency of your device. Here’s a guide to help you choose the best.
Processing Power & RAM
Just because an Android TV box is running on a quad-core processor doesn’t mean it is going to give you a buffer-free experience. This mainly depends on the hardware speed and RAM. The hardware speed that is 2 GHz or above will promote good viewing time. RAM that is less than 2GB will bring in problems on extended use.
It is obvious that you will want to download more apps and videos while you are using your box. Choose the ones with an internal storage of minimum 8GB and expandable external storage of at least 64GB.
Operating System Version
There are Android boxes that run older versions of Android. Though they work just fine, you will be missing out on several newer options. That is why I suggest you go for boxes with Android 6.0 or above.
Determine Bluetooth Support
When you want to connect with a wireless mouse, keyboard. transfer files or photos, Bluetooth is very useful. Though a few of us do not use this feature, there is nothing wrong in going for the boxes that have it.
Network Connectivity Options
I would suggest that you do not go for those boxes that only allow ethernet connectivity. With so many good features popping up, you should go for the ones that support Dual-band WiFi connection
Video and Display
Do not compromise on the quality. The whole point of having an Android TV box is to enjoy streaming videos at high-definition. Older versions of the box are limited to 720p and 1080p streaming. Instead, go for the ones that support 4K and HD display through HDMI Insertion.
Is Android TV dead?
The world is competitive and Android TV slowed down a bit. This doesn’t mean that it is dead. The features still remain great and in no time it will bounce back.
Is there a monthly fee for the Android box?
Just pay once and grab the box. There are no subscription charges
Is the Airtel xstream app free for Airtel users?
The subscription of airtel xstreme app is Rs. 999 / year, but this service is free for some Airtel prepaid and postpaid users along with Airtel Broadband users.
What Internet speed do I need for the Android box?
For a good streaming experience, it is better to have at least 4MB/s Broadband speed.
How do I connect my Android TV box to my regular TV?
The box comes with an HDMI cable. You have to plug in one end to the TV and the other to the power source.
What is the difference between Smart TV and Android TV?
Smart TV is the one that can connect to your mobile, stream HD content, support streaming apps like Netflix, Prime, Hotstar by itself. It is designed to serve these purposes. On the other hand, the Android TV boxes will convert a regular television set into a Smart Tv on connecting. They will launch the features that are seen in Smart Tv and give the same viewing benefits.
Can I update my Android box?
Yes, you absolutely can. The Android box comes with Kodi installed and Google play store always makes the new updates available. In case you want to update the firmware, download the newer version onto a USB drive and connect it to your device. Once that is nicely installed and updated, auto-reboot takes place and the work is done.
No matter how cheap a product is, you do not want to invest your bucks in places where you are not getting benefits in return. This guide will help you get your hands on the best android tv box in India. You will enjoy all the benefits of a Smart TV and this positive transformation will blow your mind.