How would you tell which is the best Antivirus for laptops to protect you in 2020? According to the “Official 2019 Annual Cybercrime Report,” cybercriminals are making more money than the global illegal drug trade, and this is “the greatest transfer of economic wealth in history.” From botnets and DDOS attacks to malware infection and Phishing, the list of online threats has risen to alarming numbers. Just recently, the mobile phone of Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos was hacked.
According to a survey conducted on Cyber Security breaches in 2018, almost every second business online was breached by hackers that year. According to estimates from the Annual Cybercrime Report, annual cybercrime will reach a staggering figure of $6 trillion by 2021. This is a huge jump from the previous figure of $3 trillion in 2015.
To make sure you’re safe from these threats, we have evaluated more than 50 anti-virus software. To help you find the best antivirus for ransomware, we’ve boiled them down to the top 9 in this article.
9 Best Antivirus For Laptop and PC in India 2020
1. Norton Security Standard By Symantec
Norton’s anti-virus is one of the top 3 popularly used anti-virus and for good reasons. First of all, as you buy the software, a Norton expert is made available for you to help you with the installation process and solve your problems, in case they don’t, they provide a quick and no-questions-asked refund. Furthermore, it ensures real-time protection against existing and emerging malware.
From the moment you go online and stay online, Norton Security plus ensures that its advanced security protects your private and financial information. It has won the PC Magazine’s Editor’s Choice Award 42 times as well as AV-TEST Award for the best protection.
- Easy installation
- Updates instantly
- Good customer service
- Effective URL blocker
- File reputation service warns you about a malicious download
- Intelligent behavior monitoring quarantines threat immediately.
- Cloud backup
- Password manager
- Doesn’t slow down the computer
- Is for only one device (for two devices, it’s costlier than the package for five)
- Average performance in terms of data detection and protection
2. Kaspersky Anti-Virus
Kaspersky has, in a short period, gained considerable popularity for its exceptional ability to detect malicious files and protecting computers. We also consider it the best antivirus for Laptop and PC in India, and so do most of its users.
Rumors about the company’s alleged involvement with The Russian government have tarnished its image since it came into prominence, but no substantial evidence has been found yet. As for its performance, almost all independent testing labs have given it either the highest or close to the highest score. It also currently holds the Editors’ Choice award.
What we love most about Kaspersky is its vulnerability scanner that scans missing security patches in the operating system left by programmers.
- One of the best security packages for PCs
- Easy to use
- Good at detecting malware and blocking phishing mails
- Fast, reliable and consistent
- It scores 89 % on malicious URL blocking test while its competitors do much better
- No refund policy
3. McAfee Antivirus
McAfee is also one of the most popular anti-virus software in the market and mostly used in the free version. The best thing about McAfee is that its single subscription allows you to protect all devices of your house, including smartphones, phones, MacBooks, and PCs.
Compare that to other anti-viruses; they only provide one-, three- or five- licenses, which could end up costing you much more. For windows, McAfee offers quite a lot of features, but that doesn’t mean iOS users are at any loss, they are still better off with McAfee than other anti-viruses
It lags in protection and detection tests. However, if malware gets past the McAfee anti-virus onto your device, you can register a complaint with their service. An expert will help you get over the problem. In case they can’t, McAfee offers a full refund.
- Runs on multiple devices
- Easy to use
- Real-time protection and detection of malicious virus attacks
- Provides secure online browsing and purchasing
- Optimizes PC performance
- Two-way firewall protection
- It can scan 100s of GBs of data in a few minutes
- Runs on Indian IP addresses only
- It fails to recognize and block some of the very advanced viruses
4. Avast Pro Antivirus
Avast is one of the most widely used Anti-virus software around the globe, especially for its free version. Mainly because it doesn’t bother you to upgrade to a premium version. Even in its free version, it provides malicious URL filtering, Wi-Fi inspector, and a password manager. However, if you upgrade it to Avast Pro Antivirus, you’ll get so many amazing and unique features like anti-spam, real site, Intelligent Antivirus, behavior shield, smart scan, and a do not disturb mode.
When installing the Avast Pro, the procedure asks a lot of questions to provide you precisely the features you need and avoid the ones you don’t. Although this makes it highly customizable but answering so many questions can become tedious for most users. However, its minimal user interface is designed to be user friendly.
- Multiple features
- Highly customizable
- Clean interface
- Detects 99.3% of the viruses and threats
- Sound detection and protection performance but not the best
- The full scan takes much longer than other anti-viruses
5. Norton Anti-Virus
As one of the leaders in the industry, Norton antivirus is quite good at protecting your devices from ransomware, spyware, and other online threats.
Being in this industry for 30 years, Norton has established its global security network that provides 24×7 threat monitoring. No doubt, it has won the PC Magazine Editors’ Choice Award 42 times.
However, the only caveat is that it provides a subscription for only one device.
- Affordable and effective
- Updates silently without bothering you
- 24×7 threat monitoring
- Doesn’t slow down the computer
- Protects all devices
- Interactive interface and easy to use
- Useful URL blocking when suspicious activity detected
- No multi-device discount
- Occupies slightly more disk space than its competitors
6. K7 Total Security
For an Indian made software that competes with the likes of Kaspersky and Norton, K7 is doing a great job. Twenty-five years since its inception, it has gained 20 million users around the world. Their anti-virus includes so many new features such as device control, USB vaccination, essential system clean-up tools, and a virtual keyboard. Although it is much cheaper for the services, they provide but they lack accuracy in spyware detection and URL filtering.
- Quick, comfortable and less space taking installation
- Affordable price
- Excellent protection against malware and other threats
- Minimal and easy to use interface
- USB device control
- Small glitches in the installation process
- Lacks URL filtering
7. Quick Heal Total Security
Now, this is an anti-virus package that is not very common, but we found it quite convincing in so many aspects that we decided to include it in our list. Its anti-phishing performance won us over, but other features weren’t any less either. For example, we found parental control and safe banking as essential and efficient features.
- Easy to use and install
- Automatic detection and termination of malicious files and threats.
- Safe banking feature provides excellent safety for our financial data online
- Secure internet surfing
- Scans external devices and downloaded data immediately
- Clears malicious data without deleting the important files
- Cost-saving for multiple devices for multiple years
- Requires updates now and then
- It makes the computer to take a couple of extra minutes to turn on
8. BitDefender Total Security
Going through numerous antivirus software, we found the Bitdefender Total Security as one of the best antiviruses for laptops in India. It has won the PCMag editor’s choice award 4 times and currently ranks #1 on TechRadar’s best. Not only it provides bulletproof protection for your devices and your online activity, but it also does that at an economical price.
- Most affordable Anti-virus
- Ranks among the top anti-viruses in all lab tests
- Provided with its VPN, webcam protection and password manager
- Excellent at anti-phishing and malware detection
- Multi-layer ransomware protection
- Multiple and handy bonus features
- Takes more space
- Conflicts with existing programs
9. McAfee Total Protection
McAfee’s Total protection is the ultimate package of all antivirus features that you can get, and it is for this very reason that we also consider it as one of the best antiviruses for laptops in India. It features everything, and each feature performs better than it does with any other antivirus.
McAfee QuickClean and McAfee Shredder speed up your PC by removing unnecessary files that slow down your computer. The SiteAdvisor lets you know the level of security threat of the sites you visit.
- Improves battery performance
- Safe web browsing
- One of the best parental control
- Protects your identity
- 24×7 online customer support
- Password manager
- A bit lengthy installation
We hope this article helped you find the best antivirus for your laptop. In case you still have some unanswered queries let us know in the comment section down below.