We all know that one of the most important parts of a gaming PC is having a great keyboard. Therefore, mechanical keyboards are considered to be the best keyboards that are suited for playing PC games.
This is because these keyboards come with high-quality switches that are usually rated between 20 million and 50 million keystrokes. This also means that these keyboards have the ability to last a lot longer as compared to the traditional rubber dome keyboards.
As someone that spends a lot of time in front of a computer, whether gaming or typing, one of the most common reasons you get wrist fatigue when using your keyboard is because you are required to use inconsistent force in order to strike different keys.
This, in turn, prevents you from having the required rhythm to help you in accomplishing your tasks as quickly and as painlessly as possible.
Nowadays, there are several manufacturers who make different models of mechanical keyboards.
In this article, we will focus primarily on the 11 best cherry MX brown keyboards.
What Is A Cherry MX Brown Keyboard?
This is considered as a hybrid of the black and blue cherry keyboards. It is characterized by a soft tactile bump that usually activates right in the middle of the key and it does not have an audible click.
As a result, you do not have to always press the key all the way down. This keyboard is best suited for both typing and gaming.
Keep on reading to find out some of the 11 best cherry MX brown keyboards you may need to consider before buying a keyboard.
Suggested Read: Cherry MX Brown vs Red
Best Cherry MX Brown Keyboards
1. Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
When it comes to modern keyboard designs and key switches, then the Corsair brand is up there with some of the best keyboard makers in the market.
This keyboard is one of the best cherry MX brown keyboards in the market right now.
The Corsair comes with iCUE software that allows for vivid dynamic lighting control and full system lighting synchronization. Therefore, you have the option to choose how the keyboard works and looks.
It also comes with a button specifically dedicated to anti-ghosting with a wrist rest that is guaranteed to make your experience as comfortable as possible.
- Full system lighting synchronization.
- iCUE software
- Special button for anti-ghosting.
- Wrist rest for comfortability.
- Dedicated multimedia controls.
- Chargeable using any device that accepts a USB in its port.
- The keyboard is super tactile and at the same time quiet.
- Built-in aircraft-grade aluminum frame.
- Comes with MOBA and FPS keycap sets
- It has an operating force of 55g
- 8MB profile storage
- 100 percent Cherry MX mechanical key switches
- It has an actual distance of 2mm
- Large font keycaps for easier typing.
- It has a vibrant dynamic backlight setting.
- The capability of choosing between 3 distinctive cherry MX switches.
- It lacks a notification bar for discord
2. Cooler Master MK730
Recently, Cooler Master has been releasing keyboard after keyboard, which are considered top quality in the mechanical keyboards market. One of these keyboards is the Cool Master MK730.
This is a perfect size keyboard that does not seem to take up much of your space on the desk and it is small enough to be carried to work or anywhere that would require its services. It comes with a removable wrist rest that is magnetic and with a soft PU Leather. This gives you superior comfort during long gaming sessions.
This keyboard also features on-the-fly settings that allow for full control of the lighting macros and profiles without the need for additional software. It is also perfect for 50 million keystrokes and it is available in linear, tactical, or click.
- 3-way smart cable manager.
- Removable wrist rest that is magnetic and with a soft PU Leather.
- It has a type C braided USB cable.
- Detachable USB cable.
- Cable length – 1.8m
- Availability in linear, tactical, or click.
- Rib backlighting with a light bar that can illuminate your keyboard with lighting effects in 16.7 million colors.
- On-the-fly settings for full control of the lighting macros and profiles
- It doesn’t need additional software.
- Cherry MX switches available in brown, blue, and red.
- Magnetic wrist rest for utmost comfort.
- Wire keycap puller
- Wrist rest tends to block the front light bar
3. Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
This RGB platinum from Corsair will guarantee to take your gaming experience to a whole new level due to its excellent performance. It comes with 6 programmable keys for in-game macro keys that can also be customized.
With lighting playback and availability of hardware macros, it also comes with 8mb profile storage.This keyboard is also fitted with a soft wrist rest that will help you avoid wrist cramming and compromise on your performance.
The Corsair K95 RGB keyboard gives you the option of changing the color and illumination level of every key. This is because it comes with about 19 zones fitted on the top edge light bar that can be used to change the animations to your liking.
In order to give you a lifetime of gaming, it is packed with a lightweight but sturdy aluminum frame.
- Dynamic backlight that is multicolored and with Light Edge.
- Fitted with a soft wrist rest.
- It allows for sophisticated and dramatic animations.
- It comes with 8MB storage profile
- Lightweight but sturdy aluminum frame.
- Removable wrist rest
- Very durable
- Handy media and shortcut keys
- Rubber palm rest tends to get grungy quickly
- No non-wired option
4. Das Keyboard Model S
This Das Keyboard Model S Professional is one of the most excellent mechanical keyboards that will give you lightning-fast typing experiences. It is also suitable for gaming purposes and it can be carried anywhere due to its lightweight.
It is packed with German-engineered, gold plated, mechanical key switches that enable it to withstand 50 million keystrokes. It also comes with a 2-port USB 2.0 hub that gives you the opportunity to sync and charge your iPod, iPhone and other USB compatible devices.
This keyboard is great for fast typists and gamers due to the availability of full N-key Rollover, and anti-ghosting technology, with a PS 2 adapter and 6 keys with USB. It uses special media keys usually in blue inscriptions that can be used as mute, volume, eject, next, and previous.
- Special media keys.
- 2-port USB 2.0.
- Compatible with Linux and windows.
- Blue LED for Num Lock, CapsLock, and Scroll Lock.
- Laser-etched inscriptions on its key.
- Features German-engineered, gold plated, mechanical key switches.
- Full N-key Rollover
- Anti-ghosting technology
- PS 2 adapter and 6 keys with USB.
- Compatible with the KVM switch
- A great option for coders.
- Significantly reduces margins for error.
- Laser-etched encryptions that prevent them from fading.
- Does not offer any types of notifications.
5. HyperX Alloy Elite RGB Mechanical Keyboard
The HyperX Alloy Elite RGB keyboard strikes an excellent match between functionality and appearance.
It features top-notch Cherry MX keys, with a great looking design, and excellent performance during gaming sessions. In addition to this, it also comes with a satin-matte, steel frame finish, and RGB profiles that can be fully customized.
The anti-ghosting functions and N-key Rollover means that your keypresses will always be perfect. The quick-access built-in buttons come in handy whenever you are looking to control the lighting effects, brightness, and game mode. The availability of dedicated media buttons ensures satisfaction for any user’s needs.
- HyperX keycap removal and additional titanium-colored keycaps.
- N-key Rollover and anti-ghosting functions.
- Wrist-rest that is detachable.
- Dedicated media buttons.
- Reliable Cherry MX key switches.
- Quick access buttons.
- The USB 2.0 pass-through for connecting devices.
- Solid steel frame.
- Unique light bar and dynamic light effects.
- Discrete media controls
- Has 3 Cherry MX switches to choose from
- Beautiful design
- The wrist rest appears smaller
- The software needs some work
6. iKBC CD108 PBT
This keyboard also offers you a great alternative if you are looking for one of the best Cherry MX keyboards. The iKBC CD108 is a full-sized keyboard that comes with a wired operation and it can easily be used on both laptops and desktops.
Its Cherry MX brown switches offer you fast actuation time, linear key response for an ultra-fast double-tap. It also comes with a clean non-backlit aesthetic, and lots of colorful bonus keycaps that are bound to make a great impression wherever you place it. It is also equipped with laser etched key inscriptions that help to prevent fading and a custom keycap font to provide ease of reading.
This keyboard is also packed with convenient multimedia keys that include: volume up, volume down, mute and calculator. The 3 levels adjustable feet will give you the option of finding the best height and also set the perfect position for your gaming, typing, or programming sessions.
The keys on this keyboard look much sleeker and they are also compact in order to minimize space wastage. This also helps in improving visibility since the keys are not too close to each other.
- Available in brown, black, blue, clear, and red switches
- 100% anti-ghosting technology with full-key rollover on USB
- Laser-etched key inscriptions.
- Convenient multimedia keys.
- 3 levels adjustable feet.
- 3-way direction management for cable storage.
- Sleek-looking and compact keys.
- It has a great tactile bump
- The two tripod design angle adjustment lets you set your keyboard
- USB 6-key rollover for fast typing.
- The USB cord is not detachable.
7. Akko X Ducky One 2 – Mini RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
The Ducky One 2 Mini is considered to be the best 60% keyboard in the market right now. Its 60% size opens up more desk space especially in cases where you are using a larger mouse pad.
In order to provide you with the best typing experience, this keyboard has 100% Cherry MX switches for quality assurance with a brand new bezel design and 85% PBT double-shot seamless shine-through ducky keycaps.
It also comes with 3-level adjustment feet and a detachable USB Type-C cable for convenience. It can be adjusted into 3 different placement angles in order to optimize typing comfortability.
The Ducky One 2 Mini is packed with brand new RGB lighting modes and mode architecture. It gives you the ability to cycle through 10 different modes where you can also set the brightness speed and color.
Its PTB double-shot seamless keycaps with side laser engraving techniques are designed in a manner to provide you with the best typing experience and durability at the same time.
- Supports Ducky Macro 2.0.
- It comes with 3-level adjustment feet
- Detachable USB Type-C cable for convenience.
- Adjustable into 3 different placement angles.
- Extremely portable.
- Brand new RGB lighting modes and mode architecture.
- PTB double-shot seamless keycaps with side laser engraving.
- Clean gorgeous design
- It is programmable without additional software
- Pricy as compared to other keyboards of a similar type.
8. G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R RGB
If you are a heavy-duty gamer or typist, then the G.Skill Ripjaws Cherry MX brown must be the keyboard for you. It is a very consistent and stable keyboard; hence it guarantees you durability and stability at the same time.
Its trustworthy key switches can last up to about 50 million keystrokes. With it, you can be sure of a keyboard with light tactile feedback for a comfortable typing experience and intense gaming.
In order to ensure that you carry your gaming experience with you anywhere you go, it comes with the capability of storing 3 complete sets of keys, lighting configurations, and macros.
It also has Motherboard RGB compatibility; meaning you can pair the keyboard colors with your motherboard with MSI Mystic Light Sync and Gigabyte RGB Fusion. In order to increase your typing speed, this keyboard comes with a lightweight key press and strong tactile feedback.
It also has an onboard file storage capable of storing p to 3 sets of macro, key and lighting configurations within the keyboard. A built-in military-grade aluminum backplate that guarantees it lasts very long with a great look to match.
- Motherboard RGB compatibility.
- Dedicated media keys.
- Lightweight keypress and strong tactile feedback.
- It has onboard file storage.
- Military-grade aluminum backplate.
- Full N-Key rollover and 100% anti-ghosting.
- Lightweight and productive
- Keyboard for multitasking
- No option for customizing colors
9. Durgod K320 Taurus Nebula TKL
This keyboard features silenced Cherry MX switches that allow for much quieter gaming experiences and noises that are tolerable when typing at the workplace.
It comes with full N-key Rollover, full programmability, macro recording, surface mount LEDs with a true per-key RGB backlighting.
It also comes with linear options for linear switch with the capability of disabling the Windows key, a 1000Hz polling rate for lower latency communication over USB and a 32-bit ARM processor.
- 87 keys translucent Shine Through keycaps.
- Compatible with Windows 10, Win 8, Win 7, Win Vista, Windows XP, and Mac OS.
- Supports DURGOD Zeus Engine software
- Full N-key rollover
- Customizable RGB lighting in 16.8 million colors.
- Excellent price for its quality
- Nice aesthetic
- Great feel
- USB cable is a little too thick
10. Fnatic miniSTREAK – LED Backlit RGB
The Fnatic miniSTREAK is one of the thinnest mechanical keyboards you can find out there. This is an ideal keyboard for gamers looking for an authentic mechanical keyboard experience at an affordable price.
It is packed with a gorgeous RGB backlit system that features 8 easily activated instant lighting modes that can support up to 16.8 million color options with the ability to be customized via a downloadable app.
In order to ensure comfortability, this keyboard also comes with a PU leather wrist rest. It is made with as much grip as possible due to the thorough placement of the bottom rubber rests making sure that it can only move whenever you want it to.
- Full RGB Backlighting.
- Packed with a PU leather wrist rest.
- Its tenkeyless design for professional gaming.
- Rubber rests for grip
- Easy to use software
- The cable is removable
- Very compact
- Excellent space bar stabilizers
- Does not come with double shot keycaps
11. Cooler Master MasterKeys S PBT
This is another great keyboard from Cool Masters that is recommended if you are on the lookout for a high-performance designed for frequent PC users.
It also uses an innovative on-the-fly system that gives you an opportunity to adjust the keyboard settings without having to interfere with your game. You can also switch the layouts from Workman, Dvorak, or QWERTY with simplified key shortcuts that do not need additional software.
The availability of 6-Key and N-Key Rollover allows for great accuracy whenever you are typing or gaming.
- The 6-Key and N-Key Rollover.
- Switchable key layouts.
- Added extra-thick 1.5mm PBT keycaps
- Cherry MX Brown Switches for maximum reliability.
- Beautiful status lights
- Faster typing due to USB 6-key rollover
- The space bar is a little louder and shaky
The above-discussed list contains mechanical keyboards for virtually everyone. However, your choice of the keyboard should basically revolve around what you mainly intend you use the keyboard for. Some of them are best suited for gaming, others for typing and also there are others that can perform excellently for both gaming and typing. However, every keyboard in this list is great and you can use either of them for your gaming or office needs.