Whether you are a professional or beginner in DSLR videography, you must be aware of the role of a gimbal in producing professional content. Because a gimbal helps you stabilize the device which allows you to shoot steady videos without vibrations from movements.
While you are up for buying a gimbal, you will find a lot of gimbals claiming to be the best Gimbal for DSLR, thus confusing your mind to make a choice.
To help you with that, we took a deep dive into the gimbal market and created a list of 10 best gimbals for DSLR cameras in India.
Best Gimbal For DSLR Camera in India
1. DJI Ronin SC Black Handheld Camera Gimbal
Weighing 1.1 kg in weight and having a payload capacity of 2 Kg, Ronin-SC is certainly the new buzz in the gimbal market due to its impressive features in such a compact size.
With an integrated battery that serves up to 11 hours, Ronin-SC comes with Motionlapse mode which allows you to Shoot epic time-lapses and a sport mode for recording some fast actions.
You can also connect Ronin- SC with your smartphone using DJI’s Active Track technology and allow the Gimbal to track subjects automatically. Moreover, you can place your smartphone on Gimbal with a camera and pair them using the DJI app to control the camera using the phone screen.
Despite these features, this Gimbal is easy to use and perfect for one-handed filming, which makes it an ideal option for beginners.
- Unobstructed Roll Axis Arm
- 3-Axis Motorized Gimbal Stabilizer with dynamic stability
- Comes with Active Track 3.0
- Includes Motionlapse and Sports mode for enhanced camera use.
- Lightweight and Compact
- Next-level features for connecting smartphone and DSLR.
- Packed with supportive features such as Motionlapse and Sports mode
- Not suitable for heavy cameras or cameras with larger lenses.
- The battery is integrated and only serves for 11 hours.
2. Zhiyun Crane 2 3-Axis Camera Stabilizer
With a maximum payload of 3.2 Kgs and OLED interface design, the Crane 2 has been a popular choice among the users due to its superb motion sensitivity and precision control. Although the Gimbal is not the newest, it still is an ideal stabilizer for the bigger DSLR cameras.
Another impressive feature of Crane 2 is its 18 hours battery life which can also be used for charging your cell phone via the Gimbal in case of emergency. Moreover, the Gimbal is based on removable batteries, giving you the option of replacing them with spares if needed.
But keep in mind, as the Gimbal was introduced in the market earlier than other models in the list, so it certainly misses some features, which you will find in new age DSLR and mirrorless stabilizers. But due to the discounted price, this can be a great budget option.
- Outstanding Auto-focus with a precision of 0.02°.
- Supports a large variety of DSLR cameras with weight up to 3.2 Kgs.
- Advanced Anti-shaking technology.
- Superb Battery backup up of 18 hours in a single charge.
- It can also work as a power bank in case of emergencies.
- Widely compatible
- Great for long hours of use
- Easy to control with OLED interface
- Durable, lightweight and hand-held Gimbal
- Good value for money
- Does not include any quick-release mechanism for camera
- Poor ergonomics
- Rear motor obstructs camera’s LCD display
3. Moza AirCross 2
Another much talked about gimbal in the market is Moza Air Cross 2. With its own weight of 1 kg, the Gimbal is able to deliver a maximum payload of 3.2 kg, which is excellent for those who like stabilizers to be compact.
Packed with numerous programmable shooting modes including time-lapse, motion control, and panoramic still-image capture, the Gimbal comes with Motion Control mimicry which allows you to control the gimbal movements using the motion sensors in your smartphone.
With a larger mounting plate and 3-axis independent locks to support Universal compatibility, Aircross 2 certainly marks its spot in best gimbals for DSLR cameras.
- Lightweight gimbal with a payload of 3.2 Kgs.
- Near Universal Compatibility
- Quick charging of 1.5 hours serving up to 12 hours of gimbal use
- 3 power outputs on Gimbal for supplying power to peripherals.
- Three-axis lock design
- Facilitates time-lapse, motion control and panoramas.
- It comes with FPV and Sports gear mode.
- Fine-tuning available through an app
- Excellent machining and quality build
- Roll follow mode
- The joysticks on the handle do not work in diagonal, but the remote joystick works in diagonal.
- Difficult to use for the first time as balancing of the camera can be tricky.
4. Moza Air 3 Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer with Dual Grip
Made of aerospace industry-grade aluminum, MOZA Air 3-Axis Motorized Gimbal Stabilizer comes with one or two-handed configurations for stabilizing your DSLR camera for smooth, professional-looking footage.
Serving a payload up to 2.5 Kgs, it comes with the three automobile-grade motors with high-resolution encoders and allows 360-degree unlimited rotations and more. The handgrip control of the stabilizer allows you to select modes just using your fingertips.
For controlling the Gimbal, you can use a free-smart phone app or wireless thumb controller, which is available separately but makes controlling super easy in two-handed mode. The app on the smartphone also helps in auto-tuning for optimizing performance.
As the Gimbal comes in a nice hard carry case to fit in all the accessories along with Gimbal itself, Moza Air is quite convenient to keep and carry with comfort. Overall, MOZA Air is an excellent option that is reasonably priced as the Gimbal comes with a dual handle and tripod stand.
- A nice metal design which Included two-handed arms
- One or two hand configuration option
- Time-lapse feature
- Compatible for cameras up to 2.5Kgs
- It comes with a nice hard case for easy portability.
- Included tripod stands the Gimbal upright when not in use
- Ability to start and stop recording remotely
- Ability to control motion with Gimbal, remote controller, or app on a smartphone
- No USB wall power adapter included in the box.
- Very short-range for remote control and smartphone app
- Takes some time to get used to it. Don’t expect to get this handled overnight.
5. Hohem 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal
Popular as the cheapest 3-axis gimbal for DSLR and mirrorless cameras, iSteady Gear is a stabilizer designed for recording steady shots with ease. It can automatically assess and adjusts shaking caused by sudden movements, which results in video shooting without noises.
Based on well-tuned self-innovated algorithm and high-torque motor control technology for optimized results, iSteady Gear can absorb intense motions in no time. It also offers different pan and tilt modes to meet various shooting needs.
The Gimbal’s 4-way joystick and quick switch are nicely placed and allow you to change lens direction and modes with ease.
Remote connectivity is supported by an additional remote control and an intuitive app called hohem Gimset which interacts via BT4.0 connection, making it advanced enough to mark its sport in the list of best gimbal for DSLR camera in India.
- Lightweight gimbal weighing 1.2 kg with batteries to serve payload up to 2.5 KG
- Motion time-lapse shooting mode,
- Perfectly compatible with mainstream brands DSLRs and Mirrorless Cameras
- 32-bit x 3 high-speed MCU parallel control technology
- Independently developed attitude algorithm optimized stabilizing image system.
- 12-hour battery service.
- Intuitive APP supports your creativeness
- Damping sliding arm make the balance adjustment more convenient
- Easy to setup
- Budget option for beginners
- Lacks advanced moves such as 360 roll mode.
- Lighter cameras need much attention to balancing to avoid vibrations.
6. FeiyuTech G6 Plus 3-Axis Stabilized Handheld Gimbal
With its excellent splash-proof technology to offer no rain resistance on the go, FeiyuTech G6 Plus camera stabilizer is another budget option in the DSLR gimbal market which allows 360°unlimited rotation of pan axis for capturing wider views.
The Gimbal offers Bluetooth as WiFi connectivity, i.e. you can control major features of the camera by connecting and controlling it remotely with a WiFi device.
Thanks to its 5000 mAh battery which offers a maximum of 12 hours runtime, you can have long shooting sessions.
Although this is one of the lightest gimbals on the market which is suitable for a range of cameras including mirrorless ones, the Gimbal has some pretty important restrictions in terms of length and weight of cameras.
But considering the budget and its suitability for smaller to DSLR cameras, FeiyuTech G6 Plus keeps its spot in top DSLR gimbals in the Indian market.
- Image stabilization with outstanding consistency.
- Highly flexible and easy to use controls.
- Allows setting control using a mobile device
- Comes with 12 hours of battery serving time on a full charge
- Budget option serving a range of cameras.
- Ability to accurately and quickly stabilize images
- Has both Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity
- Restricted with length and weight of cameras.
- Controlling via the app can be difficult.
7. FeiyuTech AK2000 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer
FeiyuTech AK2000 can be considered as an advanced camera stabilizer with some excellent features to make your shooting experience flawless.
With its support for multiple holding positions, intelligent algorithms, 3-axis 360-degree rotation and the app for remote operations, the Gimbal can handle payload up to 2.8 kgs which makes it suitable for most of the mirrorless cameras, DSLRs and camcorders.
Using the shutter cable which comes with this product, you can also shoot excellent time-lapse videos. Unlike most of the gimbals, FeiyuTech a2000 3-Axis comes with both single and double handle grip.
Although a two-handled installation can cost you a bit more but it is highly recommended as it allows the perfect balancing of the camera for professional videos.
With high durability, the Gimbal is one of the best camera stabilizers for those who are entering into professional videography and are not restricted with a budget.
- Supports up to 2 kgs(4.4 lb).
- Dual handles with 4-way control joystick.
- Unique Anti-Shake algorithm for smooth footage.
- Remote operation using the Feiyu app.
- Support for time-lapses and motion time-lapses.
- 360-degree rotation on all three axis.
- Dual handles with 4-way control joystick.
- Remote operation.
- Auto weight balancing.
- Multiple holding positions.
- High on budget.
- Weight is high if compared to other options.
8. Zhiyun-Tech Crane V2 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal
Although the Gimbal is not a recent one, it still has an impressive design and advanced technology to have its own market segment. Designed primarily for mirrorless cameras, Zhiyun crane is ideal for low-cost individual filming scenarios.
The Gimbal comes with slip ring technology which allows 360 degrees rotation and comes with a nice joystick to adjust the axis while operating.
Zhiyun Crane also features self-innovated Instune Algorithm and high-torque motor control technology for optimization, which is helpful in responding to intense motions and sudden twists while filming.
Extremely easy to balance and setup, the Gimbal can deliver smooth footage, even in the most blustery wind conditions.
Weighing only 950 grams without batteries to serves a max payload of 1.8 KG and with a capacity to serve 12 hours of run time, it is a fairly priced gimbal which is available in the market.
- Supports wireless mode.
- 360-degree rotation service for all three axis.
- Accompanied by an advanced control stick and a bright OLED display.
- Serves 12 hours of run time.
- Low on weight and highly durable
- Designed with an attractive appearance and stylish mounting plate
- Special modes such as Pan-Follow/Lock switch, PhoneGo mode
- Low weight and durable material.
- Gimbals crane movements are limited 1.2 kg weight limit.
- Joystick can take a little bit of time to get use to.
9. ZHIYUN Weebill-S Gimbal Stabilizer
Claimed to be “compact as a piece of A4”, ZHIYUN Weebill-S comes with a new age 3-axis gimbal which weights around a kg but serves 2.1 Kg of payload with 14 hours of battery run time.
With 300% larger motor torque than the previous generation to offer 50% faster response speed and 8th-generation Honeycomb Image Stabilization Algorithm, ZHIYUN Weebill-S responds to sudden motion without any hindrance from vibrations.
Supporting a wide range of DSLR cameras and various models, the Gimbal can be configured as handle facing straight down or in“sling” mode, where the handle faces up and out at an angle.
The Gimbal is able to produce Timelapse and Motionlapse videos with ease. Additionally, an intelligent ViaTouch 2.0 system and an ultra-low latency HD image transmission module（accessory) certainly makes WEEBILL-S push the limit of videography even further.
- Exchangeable, off-the-shelf batteries to serve 14 hours of run time
- Motion Time-lapse Mode
- Exceptional Compatibility
- Sling mode configuration
- Lightweight and compact design
- Modular Design
- Optional Video Transmission, Follow focus and Camera Control via phone
- Active Track only with optional accessories
- Image Transmission module for enhanced features
- Full Compatibility with sony Cameras is an issue
- Non-intuitive setup
- LCD screen may give a small appearance
10. FeiyuTech Feiyu AK4000: 3-Axis DSLR Gimbal
With super strong payload capacity, Feiyu Ak4000 offers a lot of top-class features. It can be connected with compatible WIFI devices to control the camera and switch modes. Using Feiyu ON iOS/Android app, the Gimbal can also be connected via Bluetooth to moderate or change settings.
Besides being able to shoot motion-controlled time-lapses and hyper lapses the AK4000, it features a “Magic Ring” which may seem like a regular focus wheel of a follow focus, it is quite helpful in controlling settings such as zoom, focus or rotation along 3-axis.
With a long handle, larger touch screen supported with 12 hours of battery life, the Gimbal offers a satisfactory performance. Overall, the Gimbal is a little expensive then others, but if you are looking for higher payload capacity, this is the best option in the gimbal market.
- Highly Compatible with most DSLR Camera.
- Max Rotatable Range: Tilt: 360° // Roll: 320° // Pan: 360°
- Low-power LCD touch panel for easy adjustments
- High-precision software algorithms
- WiFi + Bluetooth dual module connection
- 12 hours of long battery life
- Super-strong payload capacity
- Beveled angle design
- Includes Follow Focus 2 control
- Larger joystick with a super smooth control wheel
- Not backward compatible with previous dual-handle grip.
- No lock mechanisms.
- Longer shoots may be difficult due to its weight and size.
Things to consider before buying the Best Gimbal For DSLR Camera
Different DSLR gimbals come at different prices. In general, those who offer advanced features or higher payload capacity are quite expensive, while others can be budget-friendly. Although, it is recommended to pay a little more for a higher quality gimbal, defining a budget is certainly helpful in filtering the right Gimbal from the market.
Every Gimbal available in the market comes with a payload capacity, i.e. the limit of minimum and maximum weight it can carry without producing vibrations and distortions. While shortlisting a gimbal, make sure your choice supports the combined weight of the camera and other accessories if any.
Not all gimbals support all cameras. Although new-age gimbals claim to have near-universal compatibility, it is always advisable to check the compatibility between your devices and the Gimbal itself.
Gimbals need power, so they are dependent on batteries. Depending on your usage type, you need to how much a gimbal can run with one set of batteries or one-time charge. New gimbals are based on lithium-ion battery so check for the time taken by a particular gimbal to charge up, while others use the standard alkaline batteries so have a check on service time and easy availability of such batteries. Apart from this, you should choose a gimbal which has good quality and heat resistant batteries.
A gimbal weight is quite an important feature to consider while making a choice. Think like this would be the weight you will be carrying in your hands apart from your camera and other peripherals, so prefer an option which claims to be light. Also keep in mind that while comparing the options, you consider the weight of Gimbal, including batteries.
Gimbals stabilize the videos by using brushless motors for 2-Axis or 3-Axis movements. In general, 2-Axis gimbals stabilize the roll and tilt axis while the 3-Axis options use Pan axis too, and produce better footage. Although 2-axis gimbals are budget-friendly, a 3 -axis is always suggested for professionals videos.
Apart from these, build quality, setup styles, camera balance, mounts and advanced features such as remote control ability are few more features to consider while deciding on which Gimbal to buy.
How does a gimbal work?
A gimbal uses a complex system of electronics, sensors, and motors to cancel the external motion. In a 3-axis gimbal, a motor placed along all three axis on which camera is balanced. When there is a movement along any axis, the sensors are able to detect it, and motors counteract the detected movements, keeping the camera steady in a single position.
Is it worth buying a Gimbal?
Yes. If you want to improve the quality of videos to a professional level, a gimbal is certainly a worth buying gadget.
Is Gimbal Allowed in a Flight?
Like any other electronic device, in general, gimbals are allowed in flights. But you need to ensure that battery is removed from the Gimbal before you present it to the security check. Keep in mind; airport securities are subjective in nature, so it is always a good option to confirm it with authorities before you carry it to the checkpoint.
We hope this review of the best gimbal for DSLR camera in India would help you choose the best gimbal for your photography, vlogging or videography needs. If we have missed out on anything that you think worth a review please let us know in the comment down below.